San Angelo to Host Regional Track Meet
Dozens of young athletes in the City of San Angelo’s summer track program will be competing in the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation’s Region 10 track and field meet July 17-18 at San Angelo Stadium.
The event is open to the public. Admission is $3, though seniors 65 and older and children 5 and younger will be admitted free.
The competition begins Friday night, July 17, with field events and the 3200-meter run. The schedule for both girls and boys is as follows:
- 6 p.m. – discus, high jump and pole vault for 18 and under, 16U, 14U (pole vault will be youngest to oldest); triple jump for 16U, 18U, 14U; long jump for 8U, 10U, 12U.
- 7 p.m. – shotput for 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 8U; 3200M run for 14U, 16U, 18U.
- 8 p.m. – high jump for 12U, 10U, 8U; long jump for 18U, 14U, 16U.
Saturday’s rolling schedule of running events begins at 9 a.m. The slate is as follows:
- 400M relay – all divisions.
- 80M low hurdles – 12U.
- 100M hurdles – 14U, 16U, 18U girls.
- 110M hurdles – 14U, 16U, 18U boys.
- 800M – all divisions.
- 100M – all divisions.
- 400M – all divisions.
- 50M – 8U.
- 300M hurdles (30-inch hurdles) – 14U boys; 14U, 16U, 18U girls.
- 300M hurdles (36-inch hurdles) – 16U, 18U boys.
- 200M – all divisions.
- 1600M – all divisions.
- 1600M relay – all divisions.
The schedule and times are subject to change based upon weather conditions.
The top three finishers in each event will qualify to compete for a state championship at the TAAF 2015 Games of Texas on July 30-Aug. 2 in College Station.