San Angelo City Election Early Voting Ends Tuesday
Early voting in the May 11 election to fill six of the San Angelo City Council’s seven seats ends Tuesday, May 7.
Early ballots can be cast from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through May 3 or from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, May 6-7, at any one of five locations:
- Edd B. Keyes Building, 113 W. Beauregard Ave., second floor.
- River Place Apartments, 501 S. Irene St.
- Victory Christian Center, 1620 Sunset Drive.
- Assembly of God Church, 1442 Edmund Blvd.
- Plaza del Sol Apartments, 4359 Oak Grove Blvd.
Early voting and election day polling locations are also available on the City’s website at cosatx.us/elections.
According to the Tom Green County Elections Office, as of 5 p.m. May 1, 1,345 voters had cast early ballots and another 134 ballots had been received by mail. The number of registered voters eligible to cast ballots in the City Council election is 48,988, the elections office reported.
On May 11, voters will elect a mayor and Council members in Single Member Districts 2, 4 and 6 to serve full, two-year terms. Voters in SMDs 1 and 5 will elect a representative to fill unexpired one-year terms.
Candidates for each office in the order they appear on the ballot are:
- Mayor – Kendall Hirschfeld, Dwain Morrison, Paul Alexander.
- SMD 1 – Trinidad Aguirre Jr., Bill Richardson, Robert Banskter Sr., Rodney Fleming.
- SMD 2 – Jim Turner, Marty Self, Joseph Grimes.
- SMD 4 – Sally Frances Ayana, Don Vardeman.
- SMD 5 – Barbara Pratt, H.R. “Winkie” Wardlaw III, David McBride, Barry Gambrell.
- SMD 6 – Don Barnhart, Charlotte Farmer, Anita Guy.
Voters can access a map of the City Council districts at cosatx.us/elections.