Labor Day 2014 In San Angelo — What Is Opened and What Is Closed
It used to be that an entire town shut down for Labor Day Weekend, however not so much any more. Most businesses stay open for Labor Day now, so you want have to worry about running out of your summertime grilling needs. However, city and federal government offices will be closed in observance of this federal holiday that was established in 1894. In case you had the burning desire to know, Labor Day was "to the social and economic achievements of American workers," at least according to the U.S Department of Labor.
- Angelo State University: No classes; university offices
- San Angelo Independent School District
- All Schools
- Federal government offices
- U.S. Postal Service
- Tom Green County government offices
- City of San Angelo government offices
- San Angelo City Landfill
- Trash pickup: Resumes Wednesday
Now that we got the "cannot" parts out of the way, let's move on to the can do's! It's probably going to be a hot one, I mean, we are in West Texas During the summer time, so what can you do to stay cool?