ASU Welcomes New Faculty
When classes start for the fall 2014 semester, Angelo State University will welcome 17 new faculty members spread through ASU’s four academic colleges.
The new faculty include nine in the College of Arts and Sciences, one in the College of Business, one in the College of Education and six in the College of Health and Human Services. ASU fall classes begin Monday, Aug. 25.
New faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences are:
- Dr. Susan M. Abernathy, assistant professor of mathematics
- Dr. Jason M. Abrams, visiting assistant professor of chemistry
- Dr. Juan Blandon, assistant professor of physics
- Dr. Eddie F. Holik III, assistant professor of physics
- Eduardo V. Martinez, instructor in security studies
- Shawn S. Morrow, instructor in criminal justice
- Dr. Ben R. Skipper, assistant professor of biology
- Joel D. Sugg, instructor in agriculture
- Dr. Jesse Taylor, assistant professor of mathematics
The new faculty member in the College of Business is Gayle L. Randall, instructor in management and marketing. The College of Education welcomes new faculty member Dr. Lesley L. Casarez, assistant professor of curriculum and instruction.
New faculty in the College of Health and Human Services are:
- Steven T. Brewer, assistant professor of psychology
- Pamela B. Darby, clinical instructor in nursing
- Dr. Wrennah L. Gabbert, professor of nursing, department chair/program director of nursing
- Dr. Veronica Snow, assistant clinical professor of kinesiology
- Billie J. Sheeran, clinical instructor in nursing
- Lisa A. Spurgin, clinical instructor in nursing