These Are The Most Dangerous Roads in Tom Green County
The upcoming 4th of July weekend is one of the biggest highway travel holidays of the year. Each year in the U.S. thousands lose their lives on highways across the U.S.
Unfortunately, Texas has a reputation for dangerous highways. In fact, Texas consistently ranks as the 4th Most Dangerous State in America for drivers. Only Florida, California, Arizona and South Carolina are worse than Texas for driving.
In fact that last day without a fatal accident on Texas roadways according to TxDOT's #EndTheStreakTX campaign was November 7, 2000. That's nearly 22 years! Even at that when it comes to dangerous accidents, San Angelo can't hold a candle to another city in West Texas. Amarillo is the third most dangerous city for drivers in Texas .Better put Flo or the Gecko on speed dial if you're planning on driving there anytime soon.
According to the website for the San Angelo law firm, Carabin Shaw, who has handled their share of accident cases in the area, there are certain things that make a road dangerous.
Improper Design: For example, Farm to Market Road 2105 is dangerous in the area because it has so many intersections with major highways in a short distance. Intersections are trouble spots for accidents. Highway 67 is the most dangerous major highway in the area.
High Speed Limits: Roads in the area with high speed limits tend to be hotspots for serious accidents. One example is Loop 306.
Intersections: There are many dangerous intersections in San Angelo. In fact, 605 of all accidents are related to intersections.Here is the top ten most dangerous intersections.
1. The most dangerous is the intersection of Houston Harte Highway and Highway 87.
2. Intersection of W 1st Street & Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.) On/Off Ramp
3. Intersection of Highways 67 (Houston Harte) and Loop 306
4. Intersection of Knickerbocker Rd & Loop 306
5. Intersection of W Beauregard Ave and Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.) On/Off Ramp
6. Intersection of W 19th Street and Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.)
7. Intersection of W Ave L and Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.)
8. Intersection of W Harris Ave and Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.) On/Off Ramp
9. Intersection of Sunset Drive Ave and Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.) On Ramp
10. Intersection of W Ave Q and Highway 87 (Bryant Blvd.) Off Ramp
KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America