3 Texas Cities Are in the Top 20 Best Cities for Thanksgiving
According to WalletHub's latest findings. Last year we Texans spent an average of $300 a person during the four-day weekend of Thanksgiving. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday we Texans were shop-a-holics and it also depends on where you were on that given weekend and how much you spent.
Furthermore, WalletHub has also released its 2022’s Best Places to Go for Thanksgiving. By golly, several Texas cities made the list, and three managed to make it into the Top 20. So if you're wanting a little escape check out the list below with over a dozen Texas cities making the Top 100 list.
Top 20 Cities for Thanksgiving
- Atlanta, GA
- Orlando, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- Raleigh, NC
- Gilbert, AZ
- Tampa, FL
- Plano, TX
- Durham, NC
- Irving, TX
- Miami, FL
- Boise, ID
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Dallas, TX
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Norfolk, VA
- Charlotte, NC
- Chesapeake, VA
- Lexington-Fayette, KY
- Seattle, WA
The other cities included: Garland, Corpus Christi, Laredo, San Antonio, Austin, Arlington, and Houston Texas. To find out where to go and what's going on check out the video below.
This turkey holiday, have some fun with the family by sharing these Fun Thanksgiving Facts I've listed below.
10 Fascinating Thanksgiving Facts for 2022:`
- 9 Hrs. 27 Mins. - Is the length of time the average Texas male would need to spend on the treadmill to burn the 4,500 calories consumed at the average Thanksgiving meal.
- $835 Million - is how much Americans spend on Thanksgiving turkeys each year, and 46 million turkeys are killed for the holiday.
- $26 Million - is the amount of property loss caused by residential fires preparing the Thanksgiving feast.
- 6% - of Americans celebrating Thanksgiving try to avoid political conversations at the dinner table.
- $53.31 - This is the actual cost for a 10-person Thanksgiving meal.
- 83% - Texans prefer Turkey for the meal
- 78% - Prefer mashed potatoes and gravy
- 77% - Prefer stuffing or dressing
- 74% - Prefer bread or rolls
- 65% - Prefer sweet potatoes or yams
Finally, Corpus Christi has the lowest per-person cost for a Thanksgiving dinner, less than $6. The Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions have been the only two teams in the NFL to play football on Thanksgiving day since 1966. Source: WalletHub