How You Can Get Paid for Your Road Rage Skills
I recently saw the movie "Unhinged" by Russell Crowe on Netflix. I used my own password, by the way, but I digress. In that movie, Russell Crowe terrorizes a single mother because of a road rage incident. The murderous rampage in that movie serves as a cautionary tale.
It certainly makes any rational person think that there could be no positives to having an attack of road rage. Not only could you end up dealing with a crazy person prone to violence, like the Russell Crowe character in "Unhinged", you suffer very strong physiological effects.
Lee Chambers, Environmental Psychologist and Wellbeing Consultant, had describes it this way:
Road rage can cause accidents and mistakes as we lose attention when under high levels of stress. These high stress levels raise our blood pressure, and over time can lead to long term high blood pressure, and all the associated chronic and acute issues this can cause, especially heart disease and strokes. It raises our cortisol levels, makes us less resistant to the other stressors we face. It can cause conflict within our relationships if we continually carry the stress of driving, and the increase in heart rate put pressure on our blood vessels, especially when combined with high blood pressure."
The exact effects of road rage on human beings is an area that many experts agree needs to be studied more. That's where you come in.
The website vehiclefreak.com is looking for one angry driver to take part in a study examining road rage...and they’ll pay you four-thousand dollars. The chosen road rager will be asked to take part in three, two-hour driving sessions per week over a month-long period and their reactions will be monitored, alongside their heart rate and blood pressure.
- Applicants must be over 25 years of age.
- Applicants must be highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Applicants must have a US-based driver’s license and at least one year of driving experience at the time of application.
- Applicants must be able to provide written examples of their road rage experiences.
- Applicants must be available to take part in three, two-hour simulated driving sessions per week for one month.
- Applicants must agree to keep a diary following each driving session, and share their feedback with our team at VehicleFreak on a weekly basis.
- Must be able to "flip the bird" in a stylish and uniquely angry manner.
Ok, I made #7 up, but if you're really good at it you may have developed and honed the true road rage talent they need to make this research study more revealing. The entry deadline is October 31st, and you can enter here:
Enter to Get Paid For Your Road Rage
In the meantime, remember "Drive Friendly, It's the Texas Way". Make sure you are careful, as I hear Russell Crowe visits Texas often.