Tips for Safe Memorial Weekend on the Road
The Texas Department of Public Safety will have every available trooper on Texas Highways starting this Friday through Monday.
Troopers will be looking for drunk drivers, speeders, seat belt violations and other traffic violaters across the state.
Avoid a personal encounter with a Highway Patrol Trooper by using the following tips:
1.Don't Drink & Drive. Designate a driver or take a cab.
2. Eliminate Distractions, don't text while driving.
3. Buckle up EVERYONE in the vehicle- it's the law.
4. Slow down-especially in bad weather, construction areas and heavy traffic.
5. Don't drive fatigued.
6. Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
7. Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained before your trip begins.
Please follow these suggestions and have a Safe Memorial Day Weekend!