Fort Concho Speaker Series To Kick Off in April
Fort Concho’s annual spring speaker series during the lunch hour each of the five Wednesdays in April will feature a wide variety of topics, ranging from the Texas Camel Corps to the Concho Pearl.
Admission to the lectures is free. Each presentation is from noon to 1 p.m. in the fort’s Commissary at 702 Burgess St. Attendees are welcome to bring a lunch or can order a sack lunch from Mr. T’s Deli for $8 by calling 325-657-4441 by 5 p.m. the preceding Monday.
This year’s lineup of topics and speakers includes:
- Wednesday, April 1: “Grierson’s Raid,” presented by local historian Bob Broene.
- Wednesday, April 8: “Damn the Orders …” The Remolino Raid by local historian Carl Brockmann.
- Wednesday, April 15: “Texas Camel Corps” by Doug Baum of the Texas Camel Corps.
- Wednesday, April 22: “Legend of the Concho Pearl” by Mark Priest of Legend Jewelers.
- Wednesday, April 29: “Battle of Dove Creek” by local historian Larry Riemenschneider of the Concho Valley Archeological Society.
For more information, contact Carol Cummings, Fort Concho’s special events coordinator, at 325-657-4441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.