Flight of the Monarchs
Enjoy the Flight of the Monarchs this weekend at the San Angelo State Park! Check out all the details below:
Saturday Sept. 27th:
- Trail ride register at 9:00, ride at 10:00 (bring your own horse…proof of negative Coggins required) Lunch on the trail provided. Registration fee required. $50 for two days includes all meals. $40 for one day.
- 3:00 Free short guided walking photo hike along the Concho River to view the Monarch butterflies on their stop over at the park on their annual migration south to Mexico. For general public.
- 4:30 Live and silent auction at the pavilion with prizes for trail ride participants.
- 6:00 Chuck wagon dinner provided by Dorothy Douthit and Fiddle Fire authentic chicken fried steak dinner. $20 a plate, trail riders eat free. Reservations requested!
- 6:30ish till the coyotes howl, live cowboy singers and entertainers take the stage. Bring your guitar or fiddle and play along. Free
Sunday Sept. 28th:
- 8:00 Chuck wagon breakfast provided by Fiddle Fire, $10 a plate, trail riders free. Reservations requested!
- 8:45 Cowboy Church under the pecan trees with Freddy Mason
- 9:30 Concho Cowboy Company “old west re-enactors” will perform
- Sherry and Gayland Hall with their Diamond H Longhorns will be in the area all morning for viewing and picture taking.
- 10:30 Poker Run for equestrians and their horses begins at North pavilion. Trail riders free. Sunday only ride $40. Proof of negative Coggins required.
- Event concludes at noon.
FMI or meal reservations call (325)656-4322.
Proceeds go to “the Friends of San Angelo State Park” for program support such as Silver Blue Bonnet Day, Range Outdoors Children’s Day Camp, and other park projects and improvements.