Curing Cancer Music Fest
Discount Tickets are on sale NOW for $20.00 per ticket for the Curing Cancer Music Fest on May 2nd & 3rd at the Ballinger Airport!
Click on this link:http://www.outhousetickets.com/Venue/Curing_Cancer_Music_Fest/ to get your tickets now for $20.00 in advance, $25.00 at the gate.
There's great music from The Damn Quails, Deryl Dodd, Mark McKinney, Bri Bagwell, Taylor Hodak, Dolly Shine, Phil Hamilton, Mike Ryan, Bill Bacon & The Forbidden Pigs, Brandon Fulton, Whiskey Skyline, Manzy Lowry, Justin Langston, Kramer Labarge, Jessi England, & Trey Rushing!
Camping is $30.00 for both days. If you want to sleep in the back of your truck, no problem!
New this year is the barbeque cookoff! Here's all the details:
Music Fest Barbeque Cook-Off
City Airport- Ballinger, Tx
May 3, 2014
$100 Entry per team Prizes
( Any or All Categories) (Awarded for Each Category)
*Brisket 1st Place 40%
*Pork Spare Ribs 2nd Place 30%
*Open 3rd Place 20%
Jackpot Entry: $15 Beans, $15 Hot sauce, $15 Margarita, $40 for all
(jackpot winner takes 80%)
Your entry fee must be paid prior to cook’s meeting at 9:00am. if you have any questions please call Lindsey at 325-718-9901 or the Ballinger Chamber of Commerce at 325-365-2333.
Mail payments to:
Ballinger Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 577
Ballinger, Tx 76821
City:___________________________ State:___________ Zip:__________________
Circle the categories you are entering!
Team entry: Brisket Pork Spare Ribs Open $_______
Jackpot Entry: Beans hot sauce margaritas All $_______
BBQ COOK OFF RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only one (1) entry per pit.
- Teams will consist of a Head Cook and up to 2 team members. And will be provided with only 2 tickets into the music fest.
- Any and all meat and/or meats that may be entered into judging will be cooked from scratch within the constraints of the event. Pre-cooking, marinating, ect. Will not be allowed prior to start of the cook-off as defined by the cook-off promoter.
- Fires must be of wood or charcoal. Pit may include gas or electricity to start natural substance, but not complete cooking. Holes or open pits are not allowed. Fires may not be built on the ground. Each team must bring a fire extinguisher.
- Cooks meeting will be held Saturday morning at 9am at the turn in tent. HEAD COOKS MUST ATTEND!
- Brisket 7 full width slices (approx.. ¼” to 3/8” thick)
- Pork Spare Ribs 7 individual ribs (bone in- st Louis cut acceptable)
- Dry pinto beans cooked on site, nothing larger than bean in turn in
- Margaritas no “flavored” margaritas, turn in on the rocks
- No garnish or sauce is allowed in the tray at turn-in. it will be disqualified!
- It is the responsibility of the contestant to see that the contest area is kept clean, and that the area is cleaned and policed following the contest. All fires must be put out, concrete blocks and other materials must be hauled away and all equipment removed from the site.
- Promoter and cook-off officials will not be held responsible for accidents, theft, or any mishaps.
- No animals allowed. No ATV’s will be allowed on the grounds other than those for cook-off officials.
- Cookers can start moving in on Friday
TURN IN TIMES!
9AM COOKS MEETING
11AM HOT SAUCE
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER JUDGING IS COMPLETE
The Curing Cancer Music Fest is proudly sponsored by: