Pearl of the Concho Writing Project’s Annual Teacher, Youth & Teen Writer’s Camp + Schedule
The Angelo State University's Pearl of the Concho Writing Project is one of 10 National Writing Project sites in Texas, and it's part of the National Writing Project network consisting of nearly 200 sites in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The project, founded in 1973, provides programs to promote and improve writing and the teaching of writing.
The theme for the 2015 Young Writers Camp and Teen Writers Camp is ‘The Magic in Writing’ – these camps are providing opportunities for young writers to find creative ways to improve on their skills.The goal of the camps is to help students of all writing skill levels to become more confident in their writing and develop an appreciation of others’ writing.
- Young Writers Camp is open to students who will be in grades 3-5 this fall.
- The Teen Writers Camp is open to students who will be in grades 6-8 this fall.
- The camps will run concurrently from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. June 22nd - 26th and June 29th - July 3rd.
- Teachers’ Writing Camp will be held Monday through Friday, July 6th – 10th from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- All camps will be held in the Angelo State University Carr Education - Fine Arts Building on 2602 Dena Drive.
- 2015 Youth Writing Camp Application
- 2015 Teen Writing Camp Application
- 2015 Teachers' Writing Camp Application