$7,500 Reward Offered for Most Wanted Fugitive from Hidalgo County
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Rogelio Garcia Jr., 39, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his capture.
Garcia, who is a Latin Kings gang member and registered sex offender, is wanted for parole violation. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Garcia has ties to Hidalgo County, including the cities of Mission and Alton. In 1998, Garcia was convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl in South Dakota and served time in prison. In 2008, Garcia was convicted on multiple counts of burglary of a habitation in Hidalgo County. Garcia was paroled in February 2015; and in March 2015, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles issued a warrant for Garcia’s arrest for parole violation.
His criminal history also includes failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements and impersonation to deceive law enforcement. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=318.
Garcia is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs approximately 130 pounds. He has a tattoo of a teardrop on his upper left cheek near his eye; and other tattoos on his back, chest, left leg and arms. Garcia may also be known as “Roy.”
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend this fugitive; he is considered armed and dangerous.