Critical Need for O Negative Blood
United Blood Services has issued an EMERGENCY CRITICAL APPEAL for O NEGATIVE Blood Type
There is less 1 day’s supply of O Negative blood type on our shelves. The 8 hospitals that we are the sole provider of blood and its products for have a very limited amount on their shelves. If there was an emergency, we would NOT have the blood on hand Donations are needed now.
The lives of patients in local hospitals are depending on donors knowing about this Critical Need!
Donors must be at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health to donate. Donors between 16 and 22 must meet additional height and weight requirements. 16 year old donors must present a Minor Donor Permit Form signed by a parent or guardian. The Minor Donor Permit can be found online at http://www.unitedbloodservices.org
Donors can NOW complete the interview portion of their donation by going online.
1. On the SAME CALENDAR DAY as your donation, go to www.unitedbloodservices.org
2. Click on Health History Questionnaire
3. Answer all the questions on the questionnaire
4. Print the Fast Track Donation Ticket
5. Bring the Ticket with you to the donation center or a mobile blood drive
6. NOTE: Must print the fast track donation ticket as no information is saved online.
Mobile Blood Drives:
Wednesday, November 8th Angelo State University Bus at UniversityCenter
11am – 4.15pm
United Blood Services 2020 W. Beauregard San Angelo, Texas 76901
Open: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Noon – 6pm
Wednesday and Friday 8am – 2pm
Saturday, November 10th 9am – 3pm
325-223-7500 or 800-756-0024 or go online to www.unitedbloodservices.org
Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins are welcome!